As humans, there’s one thing that we crave above all else – FREEDOM. What have we not done in the name of freedom – painted slogans across walls, announced our rights at the top of our voices, even faced the wrath of wars. Despite all, most women around the world still haven’t escaped the invisible prison bars, and understandably so. It’s not been an easy battle; we have been fighting the fight for generations, and now it’s time to win – fellow female travelers, let’s get exploring, shall we?
To help you break free and make the most of this liberty, here are some solo female travel tips that are sure to come in handy-
Top 3 Travel Tips For Solo Female Travelers
1. Your New Best Friend – Lightweight Luggage-
First things first – choose a lightweight travel bag, especially if it’s a week-long vacation. Pack light; as light as you can! No matter the kind of travel, choosing the right backpack has to be a priority. If you are looking for the ideal women’s travel luggage bag – be it for a short road trip or a week-long international travel – Nasher Miles is where you’ll find it. We are home to premium travel bags. They are durable and come with multiple compartments to help you pack in an organised manner!
2. Style, Yes. But First, Comfort-
Contrary to popular belief, pajamas aren’t the only ones that spell comfy. Soft cotton t-shirts, pants and skirts can tick both the boxes – stylish and comfortable! Make sure to pack things that will keep you moderately warm, like cardigans or jackets. If you are going on an adventure trip, heels are a big no-no; pack sneakers or flats instead. If the trip requires you to do a lot of walking, a pair of comfortable shoes will do your feet a world of good!
3. Make Memories: Document Some, Frame Some-
Your camera and your diary will serve as wonderful reminders of the gala time you had! They’ll help you document it all so one day you can relive these happy memories through words and pictures. Write about all your great experiences and capture the pretty frames that leave you awestruck!
What To Carry? Essentials Come First!
Start by packing your passport! Carry your driver’s license and any personal ID. Carry a copy of your itinerary as well. Carry extra photocopies of it all!
Carry eye drops, body lotion, and moisturizer; a cozy pair of socks and a cardigan is also necessary.
If you aren’t the kind of person who sleeps through long traveling hours, carry a book, some music or movies.
Carry a universal adapter, preferably with two USB ports so you don’t have to worry about running into an incompatible electric socket. Carry a power-bank to keep your devices charged up.
Hats and sunglasses will be your shield against the harsh afternoon sun! Don’t forget your shades to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Pack a hat in your carry-on bag so that it’s easily accessible.
Toiletries, Lotions, Et Al:
It’s important to protect your skin by bringing a couple of sunscreen tubes. In case you don’t have access to a proper restroom, a pocket hand sanitizer will be your saving grace, even more so now!
Solo Female Travel Safety Tips
- – Needless to say, keep the masks covering your mouth and nose at all times.
- – Keep a sanitizer at hand.
- – Do a good research on the places you intend to explore.
- – Make a list of the safe spots and the ones to avoid.
- – Keep your loved ones informed about your whereabouts at all times so they know that you are exactly where you are supposed to be.
- – Try to blend it- learn the basics of the local language, read about the cultural norms of the place, and try not to look like a lost ship; walk the streets with confidence.
- – Make sure that you are well-aware of the political unrest, if there is any.
- – Your medical kit will be your savior if you are visiting a destination that has starkly different weather conditions and food as compared to where you live.
- – Carry medications for everything – band aids, some antibacterial ointment, wipes for cuts and scrapes, usual pain relievers, medicine for a cold and stomach trouble, itch relief ointment, antibiotics, etc.
- – If you have a medical condition, ask your doctor for an emergency prescription before you travel.
Go Solo with Nasher Miles
Get packing and get going with the above safety & packing tips for solo women travelers. To make matters merrier, our sturdy yet stylish luggage bags and backpacks are ready to be your ultimate travel companion. Explore our collections and take a pick based on the type and duration of your travels – there’s one for every kind of travel, and traveler!